Servings: makes 2 taco quesadilla pizzas or 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning or 1/2 store bought packet
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas
- 2 cups cheese such as cheddar and/or jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Brown the meat in a pan over medium heat, drain the excess grease, mix in seasoning and water and simmer until most of the liquid is gone, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese evenly over two tortillas followed by the meat and the 1/4 cup of the salsa.
- Spread the refried beans over the remaining two tortillas and place them on top of the meat covered ones with the bean sides down.
- Place one of the taco quesadillas in a large pan and grill it over medium heat until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Place the taco quesadilla on a large baking sheet and repeat for the remaining taco quesadilla.
- Spread the remaining salsa over the tops of the taco quesadillas, sprinkle on the cheese, black olives and green onions.
- Broil in a preheated oven until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on them so they do not burn!)