1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream (heated)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat the sugar, syrup, and water in a sauce pan while stirring.
2. When it boils stop stirring and let it turn a medium amber colour.
3. Remove from heat and slowly pour in the heavy cream.
4. Stir the mixture until it is smooth with a wooden spoon. (If any lumps form return to heat and stir them away.)
5. Stir in the butter.
6. Allow the sauce to cool for a few minutes and stir in the vanilla extract.