Ingredients (serves 3-4):
• 300g pasta, fusilli or similar
• 2 large handfuls of very roughly chopped kale
• ¼ of a head of white cabbage, shredded
• 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
• 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
• 3-4 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Boil the pasta in some well salted water. Once cooked through set it to one side and begin to fry the garlic in around 1 tbsp of the olive oil. This is best done in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
2. Making sure not to let the garlic burn add the cabbage and kale, toss for a few seconds and then add the pasta and the remaining olive oil. Continue to toss until well coated. Serve with a scattering of chilli and a little parmesan (if desired).