For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Oreos or other chocolate cookies, crushed
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
To make the crust, combine the crushed cookies with the melted butter. Press into a greased 9″ pie pan and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
To make the filling, first beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
In a separate bowl, beat the Nutella with the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the whipped cream.
Pour the filling into the crust.
Chill 1-2 hours or until set before serving.
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella, melted/softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard size muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flours, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl and warm up the Nutella in 30 second intervals in the microwave until you achieve a smooth and runny consistency that is easy to spoon out.
- Using a medium cookie dough scoop, scoop out 1.5 – 2 tbsp. of cookie dough, flatten it to the bottom of the muffin tin. Repeat with the dough until all 10 of the muffin tin bottoms are lined with cookie dough.
- Take a tbsp. of the warmed up Nutella and place in the middle of the dough that’s in the muffin tin. Then, take the remaining cookie dough and cover the Nutella layer. You don’t have to push it down hard, it’ll make the Nutella ooze. Just a gentle tap will do.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are brown. Immediately run a paring knife around the cookie cups when they come out of the oven so you can loosen them for easy removal later.
- Cool completely before removing them and eating :)
- Top with vanilla ice cream for a sinfully delicious treat!